Our ongoing commitment to providing a safe ride for both our customers and our employees is our top priority. In addition to our weekly cleaning practices, we continue to disinfect all buses daily using a backpack sprayer and spray down all hard surfaces with the disinfectant Virex II 256, specifically to address COVID-19.
We ask that all riders partner with us in preventing the spread of coronavirus by following this guidance:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. Hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol will do if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes with unwashed hands to avoid transferring germs.
- Clean and disinfect frequently used surfaces, like counters, light switches and doorknobs.
- Stay home when you are sick and avoid close contact with others.
This week, the Governor provided guidance to transportation agencies, asking for agencies to do everything possible to encourage space between people.
As our ridership has declined, this has naturally allowed for more space between riders. We will continue to monitor ridership daily and are working to ensure, to the best of our ability, that we are able to provide the ongoing transportation service that our customers need. We remain committed to providing current service levels as long as we are able to do so.
Providing a safe transit journey requires a partnership with our riders. Please visit our webpage where we will post updates on how we're working with local agencies to keep our communities healthy. We are also providing links to local health authorities should you have questions or concerns about the coronavirus.
Please subscribe to free electronic alerts by email and/or texts and follow @MyCommTrans on Twitter. Visit our blog to learn more about how we are responding to coronavirus/COVID-19 concerns.
Our top priorities are to continue service to the public and to keep our employees healthy and safe. Thank you for your patience and partnering with us to help prevent the spread of illness.