At Community Transit, we recommend using an ORCA Card as the easiest way to pay your bus fare. That’s never been more important, as an ORCA Card provides a fast and contact-free payment option when health and safety matter most. As the weather gets better and there are more places to go, we want to help young people get around safely.
To encourage contact-free payment and quicker boarding, we are waiving the $5 fee for new Youth ORCA cards through May 31, 2021. Riders ages 6–18 years of age qualify.
Customers are limited to one new Youth ORCA Card per person. The card fee waiver does not apply to replacement cards or business accounts and does not apply to Adult ORCA Card fees.
With ORCA, you can just tap and go — no need to handle cash and change when paying to ride the bus. ORCA also makes it simpler if you transfer to another bus — just tap your ORCA card each time you get on a bus and you will only be charged once. Paying with ORCA automatically gives you a two-hour transfer that credits the fare you’ve already paid when you transfer to another bus.
ORCA is your pass for riding Community Transit — and for all major public transportation agencies serving King, Kitsap, Pierce, and Snohomish counties, including Everett Transit. You can add value or a monthly pass to your ORCA card and even set it to automatically reload when your balance is low.
Proof of age is required (student ID, state ID or driver's license, birth certificate or passport), so Youth cards are only available in person at customer service offices or through the mail.
Here is how you can get your free Youth ORCA Card:
- Visit the Community Transit RideStore at 20110 46th Ave W. in Lynnwood, or another ORCA Customer Service Office (NOTE: You may experience extended wait times in person while measures are in place to limit the spread of COVID-19).
- Print this form, fill it out and mail it to the customer service address on the form along with a copy of your ID showing proof of age. You may want to add additional money or a pass to your card, too.
- Please note that this offer is NOT available for cards purchased on ORCAcard.com and this offer only applies to Youth ORCA Cards. Due to technical limitations, cards on the website will continue to cost $5.
Here is the fine print:
- Limit one free Youth card per person for ages 6–18.
- Offer does not apply to business accounts, replacement cards, or previously purchased ORCA cards.
- Community Transit offers different types of ORCA cards, some at reduced rates. To find out which ORCA card is right for you, go to https://www.communitytransit.org/orca.