This fall Sound Transit’s Link light rail extension to Northgate will open on Saturday, October 2. The opening of Northgate will mark the implementation of major route changes for three partner transit agencies: Community Transit, King County Metro and Sound Transit.
Community Transit’s twice-yearly service changes normally take place on a Sunday in late-March and late-September. Due to Northgate’s October 2 opening date, we will be shifting our 2021 Fall Service Change:
- Saturday, October 2:
- Sound Transit Link light rail opens at Northgate.
- Route ST 512 (operated by Community Transit) will connect to Link light rail at Northgate.
- Sunday, October 3:
- Community Transit Fall 2021 Service Change (full details to be announced in August).
- Monday, October 4:
- Community Transit 800-series buses will connect to Link light rail at Northgate.
- ST 511 and ST 513 (operated by Community Transit) will connect to Link light rail at Northgate.
Under the service change plan already adopted by the agencies, all Community Transit 400-series buses and Sound Transit Route 510 buses will continue to serve downtown Seattle. Rider education activities and events will be announced this summer to help customers start planning new trips.
For questions about the 2021 Fall Service Change and connecting with light rail, please contact Riders@communitytransit.org.
Northgate rendering used above created by Sound Transit