The new myORCA.com website and app launched Monday, May 16, along with:
- instant fare loading
- improved account management tools
- lower ORCA card cost (the cost of an Adult ORCA card is now $3)
- Everyone needs their own card when paying their fare using ORCA.
You will no longer be able to pay for multiple passengers using one ORCA card. Visit myORCA.com to get additional cards.
- Your phone cannot currently function as your ORCA card. You still need an ORCA card to pay your fare.
Tap-to-pay functionality using the app will be available for riders starting in 2023, but is not currently an option. You can load fare onto your card with the app, but you still need to pay your fare using an ORCA card.
- Plan to use only one form of payment when paying for your ride — ORCA or Cash — not combining them.
At this time riders may only use one form of payment per trip — ORCA card or cash. Cash will continue to be accepted at vending machines, retail stores, customer service locations and on buses. When transferring with your ORCA card, use E-purse value to cover additional fares.
- Previous ORCA card auto-loads need to be set up again in the new system.
You will need to renew any automatic card reloads you had previously set up through ORCA. Visit myORCA.com to get started.
- Group fares will be available through customer service only.
Group fares for school trips and caregivers will still be available. Call customer service (425-343-7433) or visit our RideStore for help with group fares.
- When adding value to cards at retail stores, it may take up to an hour for the balance to update on the card (May–July).
Instant fare loading should be available after July as the retail store network receives further upgrades.
- Retail stores load E-purse value only, not monthly passes.
You'll be able to add dollar amounts to your card at retail locations as E-purse. Please visit the myORCA.com website or the myORCA app to convert any funds to the other products/passes that you want.
I use an ORCA card. What do I need to do?
You DO NOT need a new ORCA card.All current ORCA cards will continue to work. (Adult, Youth, Senior, Disabled, LIFT and other reduced fare cards).
Your existing ORCA card balance automatically transferred — E-purse value or Pass.Visit myORCA.com or download the myORCA app to view your current card information.
Create a new account online or on the ORCA app.When you need to add value or passes, create a new account at myORCA.com or with the myORCA app for iPhone or Android. You’ll be able to manage multiple cards, transfer balances, and set up automatic payments (auto-loads). The myORCA.com site and the myORCA app will replace orcacard.com and orcacard.biz.
Get the app:
Re-enter your automatic card reloads.Set up auto-loads for your card again in the new ORCA experience at myORCA.com or using the myORCA app.
Helpful video tutorials
Summer 2022 and beyond
Later this year, a new style ORCA card will be available along with twice as many retail locations where you can load funds onto your ORCA card. You will not need a new card unless you add value to your ORCA card at retail locations
- Retailers will begin selling cards with a new design
- Current cards will not work for adding value at retail locations but will continue to work everywhere else
- Retail stores will return to instant loading after July, 2022.
- Tap-to-pay functionality will launch starting in 2023.
- More features to come!