As our communities grow and light rail expands to our region, there’s never been a better time to become a driver with Community Transit. And now there’s even more reason to pursue this rewarding career — new drivers can earn a $5,000* sign-on incentive bonus when they complete our driver training program.
We offer excellent benefits, a competitive salary, and opportunities to grow. Our bus drivers come from every walk of life and job experience, including military work, customer service, retail, and more.
Apply to be a bus driver
How much can drivers earn?
- During your first year as a bus driver, you can earn more than $57,000 plus the *$5,000 sign-on incentive bonus.
- Our highest-paid bus driver makes more than $73,000 per year.
- Drivers have earned an annual wage increase of *3% since 2017.
- Drivers currently earn a *5.6% pay bump when they reach specific milestones for the number of hours worked.
Why is being a Community Transit bus driver a great career?
We take pride in our work and are excited to help train more people to join our team. Our culture of learning and growth means our employees have staying power. One out of every four of our bus drivers has been with us for over a decade and many of our employees in departments across the agency started as drivers.
Starting your new career is easy:
- Earn a $5,000* sign-on bonus
- Professional driving experience is not required to get started
- Get paid to learn. Start off with 10 weeks of paid training at $23.36/hour — earn your commercial driver’s license (CDL)
We provide our bus drivers with excellent benefits, including:
- a 3%* annual wage increase as well as regular 5.6%* hourly wage bumps for hours worked.
- a retirement pension.
- 34 days of paid time off and accrued leave in your first year.
- 95% company-paid medical and 100% company-paid dental & vision.
- on-site fitness centers & wellness programs.
- opportunities for professional growth.
Along with bus drivers, we are also hiring mechanics, customer service, planning, and administrative roles, and other positions.Explore career opportunities with Community Transit
*New Bus Driver sign-on incentive bonus is subject to qualification. Bonus payout will be $2,500 on day 25 of employment (halfway through your driver training) and $2,500 on the day of driver training graduation. Bonus is subject to applicable payroll taxes and withholding.
*Wage increases are subject to union contract agreements.