Environmental Policy Statement
In accordance with our vision and core values, Community Transit embraces ways of doing business that are environmentally friendly, and seeks to be a role model for other organizations in reducing environmental impacts. We will accomplish this by planning, constructing, operating and maintaining our equipment, facilities and services in a manner that protects and endeavors to enhance the environment.
This policy represents a commitment of Community Transit's Board of Directors, Management, Employees and its contractors to be responsible environmental stewards of our natural resources.
To demonstrate this commitment, Community Transit will:
- Minimize all types of pollution, including air, land and water.
- Work to utilize our natural resources more efficiently.
- Work to utilize our national resources more efficiently.
- Continue to look for opportunities to reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
- Explore and utilize available new technologies when feasible.
- Strive to build and operate our system with the inclusion of sustainable features as a foremost objective.
- Comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws, ordinances and regulations concerning environmental management.
- Document, implement and maintain Community Transit's environmental aspects, procedures and programs in compliance with this policy, and review annually.
- Communicate this policy and its procedures internally and externally.