Added Service for Summer 2020
On July 6, Community Transit will add about 200 trips to its weekday service, primarily on local routes operating within Snohomish County.
Detailed schedules are available at www.communitytransit.org/schedules.
What to Expect Monday, July 6
- Nearly all local routes within Snohomish County will see some trips added back after the agency cut service during the pandemic.
- Trips will also be added on most routes to the University District.
- Due to continued low demand for service into downtown Seattle, only Routes 412 and 435 will have trips added.
- Sound Transit will have some added trips from Snohomish County due to a new Route 508 shuttle that will operate between the Mountlake Terrace Transit Center and downtown Seattle.
- The MLT Freeway Station will close July 6 through November for Link light rail construction. For more information, visit communitytransit.org/linkconstruction.
- Edmonds College (formerly Edmonds Community College) will have its name updated in our service data.
- We have changed the name of bus stop #2976 in downtown Seattle from 4th & Pike to 4th & Pine. The actual bus stop on northbound 4th Street is closer to Pine Street, but buses sometimes get backed up to Pike Street. Be aware that Metro still calls this stop 4th & Pike, but due to customer confusion we have renamed the stop.
Community Transit plans a two-stage increase in bus service over the summer:
- The July trip additions bring service up to 75% of pre-pandemic levels.
- In September, the agency will again increase service to 85% of pre-pandemic levels and maintain that service level through spring 2021.