Fares and Passes

Community Transit local fares apply on all trips within Snohomish County.

Community Transit commuter fares to and from Seattle are based on distance. Customers who board or are traveling "North/East" of Everett pay a higher fare for commutes into Seattle than customers who board or are traveling to the "South/Everett" area.

If you ride a commuter route within Snohomish County only, you are eligible to pay local fare for that trip-- just be sure to notify the driver before tapping your ORCA card - otherwise the farebox will automatically charge the commuter rate.

Likewise, if you board a commuter bus in Seattle, and get off within Seattle, you will pay a commuter fare.

You can read our Fare Policy here.

Service CategoryAdult (19-64)Youth (6-18)Reduced FareMonthly Pass
(Adult / Youth / Reduced Fare)
Local$2.25$1.50$1.00$81 / $54 / $36
Commuter-South/Everett$4.25$3.00$2.00$153 / $108 / $72
Commuter-North/East*$5.50$4.00$2.50$198 / $144 / $90
DART Paratransit$2.25 one way  $81

* Applies on Routes 421, 422, 424, 425, 821 when travelling to/from Seattle and Lake Stevens, Marysville, Monroe, Snohomish or Stanwood. Notify the driver if travelling only between Seattle and Lynnwood Transit Center to be charged the "South/Everett" fare.


Fare Categories


  • Up to two children age 5 and under can ride free when a person responsible for them pays either a full or reduced fare for themselves.
  • Riders age 6-18 years of age qualify for a youth fare.
  • High school students may be asked to show identification when paying with cash.

To purchase a youth fare ORCA card:

  • The youth or their parent/guardian must go in person to the RideStore at Lynnwood Transit Center or to Everett Station
  • Please bring proof of age or student status
  • Once purchased, the ORCA Card can be reloaded by phone, online or at any ORCA Outlet.

ORCA Regional Reduced Fare: Senior (65+), Disabled, Medicare

ORCA Regional Reduced Fare Permits are available for those who qualify.

Read more here or ORCA Regional Reduced Fare Brochure and Application.


  • If you pay cash and you take more than one bus or train to get to your destination, you will have to pay full fare each time you board.
  • If you have an ORCA card, your transfer credit is automatically calculated based on the fare of your first trip. Simply tap your card on the second bus within the two-hour transfer period. If the next trip you take has a higher fare, the ORCA reader will display the difference and either deduct it from the  "E-purse" value on your card or prompt you to pay the amount in cash.
  • King County Metro Transit tickets and transfers are good on Metro buses only. Community Transit does not accept Metro tickets or transfers. If you use both systems, consider getting an ORCA card.
  • See the "Who Takes My Ticket?" Chart for information on what passes and tickets are accepted by various transit agencies.